Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Whoah! I'm Back!

I know that it's been a while since anybody has seen me blogging, and I wouldn't blame you if you thought that I'd disappeared into the ether. The fact is that I returned to college, and although I'm attending classes online at the moment, the entire thing is so time consuming that I rarely have any time to take out to read a good novel. Fortunately for me, I've arranged with a friend to sit down an hour a day to read for pleasure. It means taking time out from other things that I'd like to do, but this should hopefully allow me to get back to book blogging. I can't promise that I'll ever make the goal of 50 books in a year, but I want to get back on board with the memes and with reviewing the books that I read.

Right now I'm doing quite a bit of reading young adult fiction. This previously wasn't what I would call my thing, but I'm getting more and more interested in this genre, following my enjoyment of The Hunger Games. This isn't the only genre I'll be reviewing, by any means, but it will be a start. 

Most of my actual reviews have been going on Hubpages or Squidoo. I'll be linking you to the book reviews themselves when they are written, so that you'll be able to find them easily enough, but I wanted to let you know that it's unlikely I'll be posting them directly on the blog. I'd rather use this space as a way to talk about books and what I'm reading. Besides, Hubpages and Squidoo have more potential for good exposure, so if you're an author considering requesting a review, I want you to know that I've gained some ability to optimize these pages so that they are easier for my readers to find. 

I'm still in the process of setting up this blog, so please bear with me while I spend a bit of time working on it. Hopefully I'll gradually get some of my old followers back. I hope to be back in on the memes starting next week. You know, after the opening of the Hunger Games Movie.

In the meantime, if you're looking for something to check out, feel free to head over to my most recent hub, this one about writing quality book reviews: How to Write Amazing (and Fair!) Book Reviews! I will be continuing to share these articles that I write about reviewing, so I hope that you'll check them out. If you have any tips of your own that you want to share, feel free to comment on my blog posts, on the articles, or, better yet (for you anyway!), write an article on the subject of your own. I always appreciate your feedback. 

Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment