Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (2)



I just finished reading Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. It was an absolutely fantastic book, and I have several quotes from the book on my Tumblr blog, but none of them have page numbers associated with them and since I was reading in paperback and not on my Kindle, it's terribly difficult to dig them out of the book.

For that reason, I'm going to leave you with a quote from the book I'm currently reading, which is Beautiful Creatures, by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

Here is my quote for this week. It's right at the beginning due to the fact that I only just started reading, and I'd hate to read ahead too far. This is from page 15.

"Because I was smart, I got good grades on my papers; because Link was stupid, he got bad ones. I guess nobody bothered to read them. Sometimes I wrote random stuff in essays, just to see if my teachers would say anything. No one ever did."

While I'm in here writing, I wanted to say that I did go to see Warm Bodies at the theater tonight. I was terribly disappointed with the telling of the story. It had all the humor but absolutely none of the poignancy that the book had. Good movie, but it has nothing on the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment